The CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry: Livelihoods, Landscapes and Governance (FTA) fills a special niche in the overall CGIAR Portfolio. FTA is the only program working on all aspects of the values and benefits of trees and forests for people, landscapes and agricultural sustainability. This is also the world largest integrated program on these issues.
Since its beginning in 2011, FTA has demonstrated the crucial role forests, trees and agroforestry systems play in producing goods of both local and global importance and supporting food systems through regulation and the provision of ecosystem services.
The proposal for the second phase of FTA 2017-2022, builds on the solid foundation of the first five years, and intends to widen the research scope and reinforce collaboration with partners. It will make research on forests, trees and agroforestry even more relevant for the Sustainable Development Goals and the CGIAR Strategic Framework. With the Phase II proposal, FTA is breaking new ground scientifically to achieve a balance between development and environmental sustainability.
The Flagship 2 section of this document was updated as of November 2017. All other sections remain as originally published in July 2016.
- 1.0 CRP Narrative
- 1.0.1 Rationale and scope
- 1.0.2 Goals, objectives, targets
- 1.0.3 Impact pathway and theory of change.
- 1.0.4 Gender
- 1.0.5 Youth
- 1.0.6 Program structure and flagship projects
- 1.0.7 Cross CRP collaboration and site integration
- 1.0.8 Partnerships and comparative advantage
- 1.0.9 Evidence of demand and stakeholder commitment
- 1.0.10 Capacity development
- 1.0.11 Program management and governance
- 1.0.12 Intellectual asset management
- 1.0.13 Open access management
- 1.0.14 Communication strategy
- 1.0.15 Risk management
- 1.1 CRP Budget Narative
- 2. Flagship Projects
- 2.1 Flagship 1 Tree genetic resources to bridge production gaps and promote
- 2.2 Flagship 2 Enhancing how trees and forests contribute to smallholder livelihoods
- 2.3 Flagship 3 Sustainable global value chains and investments for supporting forest conservation and equitable development
- 2.4 Flagship 4 Landscape dynamics, productivity and resilience
- 2.5 Flagship 5 Climate change mitigation and adaptation opportunities in forests, trees and agroforestry
- 3. Performance Indicator Matrix (PIM) Tables
- 4. Annexes